Aug 4, 2009

Old Spots

As I was riding my bike to go mail my unemployment check, I thought I would check out the surrounding areas old skate spots. The spots that I and others skating growing up.




^^^This double set is in Bay Shores. Back in the day it used to look mighty big to me. But now looking at it, it makes me wonder why i thought that.


^^This 11 stair is also something that was very daunting to me. But upon finding out that really, all you need to do to clear this is go fast. No real ollie needed.




^^^This used to be a 5 stair. But once they remodeled the building, they made the 5th step into a slight ramp. Even though there is a handicapped ramp right next to the stairs. The only good thing about this 4 stair now is the flat rail. The rail is low enough, but you do have to pop out before you hit the bump. Although, you can't really tell that there's a bump there.


^^^This 5 stair isn't really easy to skate. There's not a lot of room to get speed to clean the 5th step. Also, the top part of the rail used to be cut. So it was just that lower rail. I do believe my friend Noah wanted me to frontside boardslide the rail. But at that time, i didm't know how to front board. Also, this was like six years ago.


^^^I never skated this ditch, but I always wanted to. The only thing that stopped me over the years was all the plants and water in the ditch. Actually, a few months ago i saw some ply wood at the top of the bank, so I'm thinkin someone was trying to skate it. Nice.

^^^This isn't exactly a old spot. Only until recently, Chase and i skated this. I didn't really have to wax this ledge at all either. I have ate shit quite a few times on this ledge as well. Mostly just slipping out and landing on my back. Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment